- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts - halved
- 1 cup purple cabbage - sliced (shredded)
- 1 cup farro
- 2 cups vegetable broth (option: fat free/lower sodium)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Sriracha sauce (or other kind of chili sauce)
Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, toss mushrooms and Brussels sprouts with olive oil, garlic powder and sea salt. Spread veggies on a baking sheet and roast for 20–25 minutes.
While veggies are roasting, make farro. In a medium saucepan, bring farro, a pinch of sea salt and broth to a simmer. Simmer on low until farro is tender and the liquid has evaporated, about 30 minutes.
Just before serving, fry two eggs over easy in small sauté pan.
To serve, divide the cooked farro, roasted Brussels sprouts and mushrooms, avocado, carrots and purple cabbage between the bowls. Top each bowl with one fried egg. Serve with drizzle of Sriracha or chili sauce.
Serves: 2 |