Gotta give credit where credit is due - this one came from MyFitness Pal blog. MFP has really stepped it up in the last few months. I've enjoyed several recipes and training articles.
For the smoothie
- 3 teaspoons (15 ml) cacao nibs, divided
- 1 cup (240 ml) 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) almond butter
- 1 medium banana, frozen
- 2 cups (57 grams) raw spinach, packed
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) rolled oats
For the topping
- 1/4 small banana, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) whole raw almonds, coarsely chopped
Place 2 teaspoons of the cacao nibs in the container of a powerful blender. Add the yogurt, almond butter, frozen banana, spinach and oats and blend, tamping or scraping down to make a smooth puree.
Divide between two cereal bowls and smooth the mixture. Arrange the banana slices, raspberries, chopped almonds and remaining cacao nibs on top of the smoothie.
Serve immediately with a spoon.
Serves: 2 | Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 292; Total Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Monounsaturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 4mg; Sodium: 58mg; Carbohydrate: 41g; Dietary Fiber 8g; Sugar: 18g; Protein: 15g